Let me tell you.
If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life I would probably choose pumpkin pie!
The memories of showing up Thanksgiving day to Grandma and Grandpa’s looking at all the delicious food.
Knowing that after the main course the real fun begins.
The pie eating!
Grandma use to make me my own pumpkin pie that I got all to myself.
I think my record is eating 2 whole pies myself on Thanksgiving.
Nothing beats a good homemade pumpkin pie this time of year.
Sure, you can go to the store and get one but most of them are loaded with garbage and weird ingredients.
Plus, then you don’t have the satisfaction and accomplishment of creating your own masterpiece.
Here is a pumpkin pie recipe made with whole-food ingredients that you can try.
¼ C or Pure Maple Syrup
1 Scoop of whey Protein Isolate (Vanilla or Pumpkin Flavor)
1 Can of Libby’s Pumpkin
¼ C of Milk of Choice
Pumpkin Pie Spice to you liking
2 ¾ C Flour (Whole Wheat or Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour if Gluten-free)
140 g of Almond Flour
½ C Milk of Choice
- Mix the flour and milk in a mixing bowl until in dough form.
- Once the dough is ready, roll it out on a floured surface.
- Place rolled-out crust into baking pan.
- I like to bake the crust for 10-15 minutes before I put the filling in.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Once you have a good consistency pour into the crust.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes. The pie filling should not be jiggly once done.
Try this recipe out if you are a pumpkin pie lover like me!