6 Reasons to Make Strength Training a Part of Your Life!
At TAG, we are a huge proponent of strength training and believe it, combined with proper speed training, nutrition, and sleep is the best way to achieve your fitness goals.
Cardio has its place but the endless amounts of cardio will not have the same benefits as strength training.
Strength training does not discriminate on who it provides benefits. Men and women, old and young all benefit from it!
Strength training does not mean just doing the big 3 barbell lifts (squat, deadlift, and bench).
Strength training is using resistance to create muscle contractions. You can use barbells, dumbbells, bands, kettlebells, chains, bodyweight, and other types of weights.
Before you rush into strength training make sure you become efficient in the movement patterns and can do them correctly. Find the correct variations for you and your body type.
These are 6 of my favorite benefits of strength training:
1. Get strong: build muscle and gain strength to allow you to lift more weight and do more reps. Strength helps you in life too. Plus, fewer people will want to mess with you when it goes down!
2. Look Better: Strength training combined with proper nutrition will allow you to build more muscle, lose fat, and get lean. Impress the guys and girls with your looks!
3. Feel Better: You will feel better due to better hormone balance. Also, the confidence you gain with the new muscle and strength will have you feeling on top of the world.
4. Move Better: Proper form in strength training will give you better flexibility, mobility, stability, and coordination. Pain-free strength training will also cause healthier joints.
5. Stronger Bones and tendons: strength training increases bone density so your bones are not weak and injury risks. It also helps build tendon strength to reduce injuries.
6. Get faster, more powerful, and explosive: strength alone is not enough to be an athlete 4 life.
Is Strength training part of your routine?
Let me know in the comments.