5 Tips to Help You Stop Overeating
You can’t put the fork and spoon down.
You are always going to the kitchen to grab a snack.
You finish your meal but you are still hungry.
You have no self-control when it comes to eating pizza, ice cream, or cookies.
Does this sound like you?
Many clients come to me with problems controlling what they eat.
They eat too much. That is why they are overweight, out of shape, and can’t move well anymore.
The continuous stuffing of your face without any regard is a huge issue.
Whatever you do you just can’t seem to stop overeating.
Here are 5 tips to use so you can once and for all stop overeating:
1. Eat more protein-Have protein with every meal. Make protein a priority and eat more of it. A good goal for most people is around 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. Protein helps keep you feeling fuller and build muscle.
2. Eat more fiber-Add more fiber-rich foods, like veggies, fruits, oats, and whole grains. Fiber helps keep you full and helps you digest your food properly.
3. Eat more nutrient-dense foods-Less processed, whole foods are the way to go. The nutrients in these foods help fill you up. The reason you overeat is that you eat too many super processed foods that have no nutritional value. They are designed to make you want to keep eating. Whereas, nutrient-dense foods help fill you up and make it harder to eat too much. How often do you hear of someone overeating on carrots or an apple?
4. Drink more water-Drink water with each meal and throughout the day. Water keeps you hydrated and feeling full.
5. Eat until satisfied-YOu don’t need to eat until you are full. Start eating until you are satisfied. Slow down, enjoy your food and stop eating when you feel satisfied. You don’t need to eat everything on your plate.
Use these tips to finally end your battle with overeating.
Which one of these tips are you going to use first?